Position Title: Director of Data & Evaluation
Department: Data & Evaluation
Reports to: President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Data & Evaluation is a key advisor to the President & CEO on data and research and is a strategic leader within Family League for data, program quality, and research and evaluation efforts. The Director will oversee the organization’s data and evaluation work, leading staff and external stakeholders in a consultative and supportive manner. The Director will ensure integrity in Family League’s data collection and analysis processes, will facilitate the dissemination of data and research to stakeholders, and will serve as the main contact for external research projects. The Director will be a member of the senior management team.
- Lead all data, program quality and research and evaluation efforts across Family League
- Develop and maintain data collection policies and practices. Monitor data collection compliance and quality across the organization
- Act as a gatekeeper of all organizational data. In coordination with the President & CEO, approve all data, evaluations, white paper and other research prior to external release; ensure that proper context is given for those releases
- Support External Relations in telling Family League’s story and outcomes through the use of data and evaluation
- Working cooperatively with the IT department on all data systems utilized within the organization, including but not limited to charm, Maxwell, snack & supper system, FUNDINGtrack, etc.
- Coordinate with the Data & Evaluation team, internal staff, and external stakeholders to ensure all data-related needs and requests are met
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans, aligned to funder and reporting requirements, in collaboration with initiative and Data & Evaluation staff
- Support the Product Owner on the development of customized, proprietary data systems designed to support initiative monitoring and evaluation
- In collaboration with the leadership team and with support of the Director of Strategy & Projects, continue to refine the outcomes and indicators used to monitor Family League’s progress towards its goals
- Support initiative staff and funded partners to use data to improve program quality
- Develop relationships with other agencies and providers in Baltimore to collaborate on citywide data collection and evaluation efforts and ensure Family League systems can access and link to external data systems and sources where appropriate
- Manage Data and Evaluation staff and interns, providing ongoing coaching, feedback and support to build their capacity to further the mission of the department and organization
- Manage external evaluation partners and contracts on behalf of Family League. Monitor and report internally on status, progress and outcomes of evaluation activities
- Serve as part of the organization’s senior management team and contribute to the development and execution of strategic decisions
- Other Functions
- Participate in Family League’s staff meetings and ongoing professional development
- Represent Family League at local and national meetings and conferences related to data and evaluation
- Support the development of presentations and visits for local and national stakeholders as needed
- Support the Advancement Office in the completion of grant reports and other funding requests
- Write proposals as necessary to fund or initiate research, evaluation or special projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
Education & Experience Requirements
- Commitment to working with a diverse team on implementing culturally inclusive practices and participating in dialogue on equity in the communities served
- Expertise and experience in a role supporting program data management, analysis, program evaluation, or outcome measurement; preferably in a government or nonprofit setting
- Master’s degree (e.g., MPP, MPA, or MA in social sciences) required; PhD in education, public health, social sciences or related field preferred
- Experience in primary data collection and survey design, administration, and analysis, preferably in a government or nonprofit context
- Highly proficient in Excel and experienced in quantitative analysis using Stata, R, SAS, SPSS, or other statistical analysis software
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software preferred
- Familiarity with Results Based Accountability practices
- Comfort explaining evaluation tools and processes to unfamiliar audiences
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships and work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups
- Highly organized; able to handle multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in team environments
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook), internet use, as well as significant database experience.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Family League’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Must have a strong commitment to the mission and vision of Family League.
- Baltimore City residency strongly preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, travel to meetings and events throughout the City and state is required. Occasional out-of-state and overnight travel may also be required. Independent, reliable mobility is required.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Must be able to stand for periods greater than 6 hours at a time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to drive is a requirement of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with elected and appointed officials, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
This position qualifies for a cell phone stipend in the amount of $60/month.
This position is not eligible for telework and/or compressed work week benefits.
Annual salary is $85,000.
Family League of Baltimore values a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve. Family League of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religious and or political beliefs. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualification, performance and competence.